A world-class athlete. As a member of the 1972 Olympic team, Jeff competed against the world’s best athletes in Europe, Africa, and the former Soviet Union. He broke the U.S. 10-mile record (47:49) in 1973 and has a six-mile best of 27:21. Among his victories are the Peachtree Road Race, Honolulu Marathon, Atlanta Marathon and top place finisher in many prominent U.S. races such as the Boston Marathon.
- Founder of the Galloway Marathon Training Program.
- Coach to over 200,000 runners and walkers.
- Author of North America’s best selling running book: Galloway’s Book on Running. See “Publications” section for a complete listing of his published works.
- Monthly columnist for Runner’s World magazine.
- Motivational speaker giving over 200 talks per year across the country.
- Experienced race director having conducted over 500 fitness events, including the annual Kaiser Permanente Corporate Run/Walk in Atlanta, Ga.
- A consultant to dozens of races of all sizes including the Crescent City Classic, Midland Run, Grand Bahama 5000, Chicago Marathon, Vancouver International Marathon and Portland Marathon.
- Race Director for the National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer, the only marathon dedicated solely to raising funds for breast cancer research.
- Owner of Phidippides Running Stores, one of the first running specialty stores in the US, since 1974.
- Galloway Marathon Training Groups – Training group offerings include programs for “Getting Started” and completing a half- or full-marathon.
- Fundraising for Causes – The Galloway program welcomes, but does not require fundraising for a broad base of community and national charities including the AIDS Foundation, Joints in Motion (Arthritis Foundation), and breast cancer research through the National Marathon to Fight Breast Cancer.
- Breast Cancer Marathon – Jeff Serves as event director for this exciting event due to kick-off in Jacksonville, Fla. in Feb. 2008. One-hundred percent of the race entry fee goes to breast cancer research and care for underserved breast cancer patients.
- Corporate Health Promotion and Team Building Seminars – Jeff conducts wellness seminars and team building sessions for corporations across the country in an effort to help motivate their workforces to commit to being fit.
- Running Store and Fitness Vacations – Jeff founded and owns Phidippides, the pioneer running-fitness promotion store in North America. Through his company, Galloway Productions, Jeff produces fitness vacations, beach retreats, events and health promotion activities.
- Athens Marathon – Jeff serves as the training coach for this annual event covering the route from Marathon to Athens, Greece.
- Co-founder and director of the inaugural edition of the Avon International Women’s Marathon in Atlanta, Ga. This race was designed to promote the cause of a Women’s Olympic Marathon, which reached a successful conclusion in the 1984 Olympics.
- Served on the Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games. As a member of the Medical and Health Committee, Jeff designed a heritage program for local schools, which brought Olympic caliber excitement to daily fitness, learning, and fun.
- Conducted corporate clinics for NASA astronauts, Vice-president Al Gore, the White House Athletic Club, Homeland Security Physical Trainers, Tenneco, Microsoft, Petro Canada, and many other major North American Corporations.
- Developed Galloway Training Program software through PC Coach in Mar. 1998.
- Launched Podfitness in 2007 via ipod technology featuring daily coaching sessions from Jeff.
- Galloway’s Book on Running (1984) – the best-selling running book in North America.
- Marathon! (1996) – state-of-the-art marathon book.
- Return of the Tribes to Peachtree Street (1995).
- Jeff Galloway’s Training Journal (1998) – “a log book with a mission”.
- Marathon You Can Do It (2002).
- Galloway’s Book on Running, 2ND ed. (2002).
- Running – Getting Started (2005).
- Running – Testing Yourself (2005).
- Running – A Year-Round Plan (2006).
- Walking – The Complete Book (2006).
- Fit Kids – Smarter Kids (2006).
- Running Until You’re 100 (2006).
- Half Marathon – You Can Do It (2006).
- Galloway Training Programs (2007).
- Women’s Complete Guide to Running (2007 with Barbara Galloway).
- Women’s Complete Guide to Walking (2007 with Barbara Galloway).
- Galloways 5K/10K Running (2008).
- Running and Fat Burning for Women (2008 with Barbara Galloway).
- Monthly column in Runner’s World Magazine.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Named to the Hall of Fame for the Road Runners Club of America and The Westminster School.
- Listed as one of 18 Runner’s World Experts in the magazine’s 40th anniversary edition.
- Recipient of the Wellstone’s Dallas White Rock Marathon 2006 Victory Award.
- Named to the Association of Independent Sports Stores Hall of Fame
- Nike Walk of Fame Member (Bronze Bust at Nike Headquarters)